How to Participate
RISING STAR AWARDS INFORMATION
You will find all 2014 Rising Star Awards information and e-application forms here as of January 21, 2014. Auxiliary Award Applications and Support material are due by April 18th, 2014.
The following forms and documents are posted at the bottom of this page:
Educational Impact Award Application
“Theatre for Everyone” Inclusion and Access Award Application
Student Achievement Award Application
Rising Star Awards Scholarship Application
Support Material Packing Slip
Rising Star Awards Rules & Guidelines
Rising Star Awards Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click on the link to the form you would like to download and follow the prompts to save the file on your computer. Save the file in a place you will remember like your desktop or in a specially created Rising Star Awards folder.
The forms are in Microsoft Word format and are protected so that you can type, select numbers or check boxes only in the gray-shaded areas. This form is simple to use and will allow you to type unlimited answers in all of the fields.
A few things you need to know about these forms are:
- This form has minimal page breaks to allow the form to "grow" as you add text. You do not need to add page breaks before sending it back to Paper Mill.
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to spell check in this “protected” document however, if you type the text in another document and spell check, you can copy the clean text and paste it into the gray-shaded areas of the application.
To use these forms, please follow the directions below:
- Download the files and save them in a place you will remember easily, like your desktop, or create a “Rising Star Awards” folder to store your files.
- You should open up the forms in Adobe Reader and immediately save the file as another name by selecting "SAVE AS" from your FILE menu. Please give your application a name that relates to the school you are representing and the type of form. For example, you can title your Educational Impact Award application: “HSnameEducationalImpact.doc".
- Once you’ve created the new file you may begin filling out the form by clicking in the first red outlined form-field. The form-field will become clear, and you may begin typing in this field. From there you may [TAB] to the next gray-shaded form-field, and so on.
- Please follow the directions for each section of the form. Please read the entire form and answer every question.
- Save the application periodically as you work on it in case your computer crashes. Always keep a back-up copy of the completed application on your computer. It is possible that we may request a duplicate copy of your application at some point, so please save a copy!
- Once you’ve completed the school‘s application form, save the file and email it back to Paper Mill Playhouse as an attachment, or mail it along with your support material.
Emailed applications should be sent to the following two separate email addresses:
Jason Gillis, Education Associate:
Mailed applications and support material can be sent to:
Paper Mill Playhouse
22 Brookside Drive
Millburn, NJ 07041
Attn: Rising Star Awards
Rising Star Awards are generously supported by the Investors Foundation. Major funding for Paper Mill Playhouse Education Outreach is provided by The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and MetLife Foundation. Rising Star scholarships are made possible by John Burgio & Ruth Bedford in Memory of Jane Burgio, Douglas Michael Krueger Scholarship Fund Trust, VSA New Jersey, and the New Jersey Theatre Alliance. This program is made possible, in part, by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, A Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts. Paper Mill Playhouse is a not-for-profit arts organization.
Click on the link to the form you would like to download and save the file on your computer. Save the file in a place you will remember like your desktop or in a specially created Rising Star Awards folder.
If you experience problems with the form, contact Jason Gillis, Education Associate, at